The easiest way to set Quad9 on your entire network is via your router settings. If you'd prefer to set Quad9 on a single system, please follow the steps below to configure ChromeOS/Chromebook to use Quad9.
Since DNS must be configured on each individual connection, and cannot be set permanently for the entire system, these steps need to be repeated for each Wi-Fi or Wired connection to which you connect.
- Click the Wi-Fi/Time section on the system tray in the lower-right corner
- Click on the currently connected Wi-Fi or Wired network
- Click on the currently connected network.
- Scroll down and set the following IP addresses in the four name server fields:
- Then simply close the settings window, as there is no "Save" or "Apply" option.
If your network/computer support IPv6, it's also recommended to configure the Quad9 IPv6 addresses. If you're not sure if IPv6 is configured on your network, you can test that here: https://test-ipv6.com/
Open https://on.quad9.net to confirm if you're now using Quad9.
Please sign in to leave a comment.